Source: Wikipedia Images
A woman in Brazil was shocked to find an alligator hiding behind her sofa after heavy rains flooded her house in the town of Parauapebas, in Para state.
She said she was alerted to the reptile's presence by her three-year-old son, who was patting its head. The woman snatched the child away and called the fire brigade, who trapped the 1.5m-long (5ft) alligator.
The firefighters said the family was lucky the reptile was not hungry. Firefighter Captain Luiz Claudio Farias said it could have seriously hurt or even killed the boy.
Capt Farias said it was not uncommon for animals such as alligators and snakes to enter people's houses in towns such as Parauapebas which are built very near rivers and the rainforest. He said the reptile had been released in a less populated area of the town.
Source: BBC NEWS
- flood - v.
- the act of flooding (the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land)
- Japan experienced floods after the tsunami.
- alert - v.
- warn; alarm
- the driver if he is driving too fast.
- pat - v.
- tap; touch
- The boy pats the head of the crocodile.
- snatch - v.
- grab or get quickly
- The man snatched the bag of the lady.
- brigade - n.
- a group of people working for the military / fire / police department
- The brigade protected the city.
1. What will you do if you see an alligator inside your house?
2. What was your most dangerous experience?